From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] PPMC members to decide voting procedure
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 18:37:28 GMT
Quoting Jonathan Campos <jonbcampos@gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Michael Schmalle
> <mike@teotigraphix.com>wrote:
>
>> So I agree, Jonathan keeps mentioning user voice? Anybody got opinions on
>> that, seems like there are two options here ML or user voice. Bertrand is
>> it ok to use something off list?
>

> I don't see uservoice as being off list. I see it as being discussed on
> list, and results on list, but being a mechanism to quickly facilitate the
> votes with rules behind it in a way that would be very manual on list and
> more error prone. How easy is it to lose a vote on the list? very. With
> uservoice you have multiple points to vote and so we still get our multiple
> votes and we know nothing is lost.
>
> --
> Jonathan Campos

No debate here, I have not used it so I am naive. Anyway, I will go
back to collecting entries and leave this for the rest. Done typing
about logo contents. :)

BTW, I think it's nice we are working on voting procedure around
something like a logo instead of something that carries a lot more
weight.

Mike