From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: IRC Channel link on website?
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 18:14:03 GMT
Quoting Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>:

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Jonathan Campos
> <jonbcampos@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <
>> bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> We might actually want to rename that website page "communication
>>> channels" and over time include references to where the action is,
>>> stackoverflow tags, etc. but that's a distinct question.
>>>

>> I like this idea. I'm not a fan of IRC (and won't use it) but I want you
>> all to know that I support the community and if it is a way to give the
>> community a way to interact I'm all for it. Just as long as there are no
>> misconceptions about where "business" takes place....
>
> Which means that page should include the "if it didn't happen..."
> explanation for the dev list.
>
> -Bertrand

I'm willing to commit it if any other PPMCs want to write the page
giving me what to commit.

Other than that, I will just be passive and wait for a lazy consensus on this.

On a final note about this page, it might be a "good" idea showing
that there IS a thriving community out there to those that are hitting
the incubator website. IE companies, enterprises that want to see why
this project Apache Flex got accepted as an incubator on apache.org in
the first place.

Mike