From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Where should people ask basic development questions?
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:56:46 GMT
Quoting Brent Arnold <brent@brentarnold.com>:

> Mailing lists are nice and all, but newbies live in the 21st century. ;-)
>
> Brent

IMHO, Mailing lists are essential to development like pencils are the
"quickest" way to sketch out and idea. I really think this is why
Apache is so successful as a unit, they have not thrown out the good
old drafting boards that have worked for 1000's of years.

I think mailing lists also help keep out drawings that aren't meant
for the drafting board. (IE newbies asking how to sharpen a pencil)

So my point to you is that mailing lists are the 21st century, they
are the pencil to the idea. You are confusing the fact newbies "use"
what is designed. We "design" what they use.

I bet there are a lot that agree that mailing lists for this type of
work is essential, even if you won't agree with me in public. ;-)

Mike