From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: IRC Channel link on website?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 23:58:49 GMT
Quoting Greg Reddin <gredbug@gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>> What kinds of things get discussed on Struts IRC?  Is there an archive that
>> is searchable?
>
> I'm not sure. I've not spent much time there. It might not even be
> used anymore.
>
>> I'm worried about confusing folks about what gets discussed
>> where.  I thought there was a convention of having a project-user mailing
>> for folks need help using the release of a project.
>
> The only real stipulation is that project decisions cannot be made on
> IRC. If some users want to gather there it's fine. If the flex project
> members don't hang out there folks will eventually get the message and
> will take their questions where they will be answered. It's fine to
> publish links to non-apache list archives, unofficial forums, IRC
> channels, etc. as long as these media are not called official. If you
> don't like the IRC channel, don't hang out there. If enough people do
> hang out there it will survive. If not it won't. The thing is these
> things are not Apache resources so they are not official communication
> channels.
>
> Greg

I reverted the changes because it seemed like the consensus was
immediate that even seeing the link on the Official website would
already cause confusion even if the word official wasn't present.

Again, I'm sorry to the group for making that mistake, it won't happen
again as far as the website and my committing is concerned.

Mike