From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: whiteboard
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:34:09 GMT
Quoting Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>:

> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 11:48 PM, Peter Elst <peter.elst@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...so in general lets say somebody wants to work on
>> something in the whiteboard, would you create your own copy of it or put it
>> in the original folder?...
>
> In general I'd say everyone's welcome to touch any code as long as
> they know what they are doing - and that might include asking
> whoever's currently working on the module in question if that's ok.
>
> -Bertrand

I would just like to say I have been noticing something about this
project that might be a tad different then a lot of projects that
start up in Apache. A lot of Apache projects come from people that are
already working together freely (as a singular unit).

Flex is different we have corporations, single entities etc that have
never worked with each other once. Since Flex was a completely
commercial project and product to begin with I think it's safe to
assume there are going to be a lot of discussions like these about the
"Apache Way" verses how my corporation does it or has done it.

I have no real opinion here just noticing a trend.

Mike