From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: whiteboard
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 22:53:34 GMT
Quoting Peter Elst <peter.elst@gmail.com>:

>>  I don't think I have to say that I would never go into something and
>> delete stuff without talking to the contributor.
>>

> my mistake, sorry Mike - so in general lets say somebody wants to work on
> something in the whiteboard, would you create your own copy of it or put it
> in the original folder?
>
> I'm just asking because with the username in the folder, the situation
> could arise that the code was originally put in the whiteboard by own
> committer but 99% of the code got contributed by somebody else.
>
> Guessing that is not an issue but might create some confusion.
>
> - Peter

Hi Peter,

I asked the exact same questions(creating a "branch" folder, committer
directory by name) to Dave and he said that a lot of the times you
just go in hacking. I really need to find the exact thread of
discussion so you can read what he said.

Obviously this is our project so agreeing on this stuff is essential
to a happy community and development spirit. :)

Mike