From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Flex logo contest page publish [Last Detail - thoughts]
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 17:19:58 GMT

> I have another thought about this. Why can't they use a public medium, and
> if it's the one accepted, that one person signs an ICLA? Surely we're not
> going to hamper entries by requiring all entrants to sign an ICLA up front?
> Or, would it be acceptable to put it in the entry contest rules that their
> submission constitutes the signing of the ICLA, like other contest states
> they have rights to your submissions for promotional purposes?
>
> - Doug

The contest currently reads;

""""
The authors of the selected Apache Flex logo(s) will need to donate them to
the Apache Flex project according to the  Apache individual
contributor license: http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
""""

This would imply that they need to be aware of signing the ICLA but
only sign it when they are selected.

Betrand reviewed this and didn't comment, I'm assuming that we could
still do twitter because it's not really "off list" because anything
on twitter needs to be submitted to the list for me to then put it on
the site page along with the other submissions.

What do you think?

Mike