From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Flex logo contest page publish [Last Detail - thoughts]
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 14:40:47 GMT
Quoting Jeffry Houser <jeffry@dot-com-it.com>:

> On 1/8/2012 9:19 AM, Michael Schmalle wrote:
>>
>> logo designers need to submit there work via the list any way.
>
>  I generally think it is a bad idea to force logo designers to
> subscribe to this mailing list to submit entries. Is there a way to
> post to the list w/o being subscribed?

I agree and you know I didn't even think about the fact they have to
subscribe, that is adding a barrier for sure. Honestly, I don't have
an answer for this in my head.

We could agree on a couple people that have public emails anyway and
the logo creators could contact us through email and then we would
post on the list there information. Then I would transfer that to the
site with other submissions.

>> I was thinking about Monday morning putting the contest up. I was
>> agreed 1 week from the day the contest is posted on the website.
>
>   From a PR Perspective, everyone is busy on Monday morning,
> recovering from their weekend haze.  Post on Tuesday if you want to
> get noticed.

I'm not really saying I'm "in charge" of PR, just that putting the
actual contest rules on the website for people to copy and paste into
communities and social networks they see fit. Does this make sense?

Mike