From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Flex logo contest page publish
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2012 19:25:19 GMT
The below has been added to the draft;

Added;

Note: The design as accepted by popular vote will be treated as a
proposal that can be tweaked and cemented into it's final published
form.

UPDATED DRAFT

Apache Flex Re-branding Initiative

On the 31th of December, 2011, the Apache Software Foundation has
accepted the Flex SDK into incubation. Apache Flex is now a community
project managed by Apache (ASF). The migration from Adobe to Apache
involves a re-branding and you can contribute by proposing the new
Apache Flex logo.

Your proposal will be published on the Flex Incubation website [1]
next to the other proposals. On [date-end] the community will choose
the new logo through voting on the Apache Flex Mailing List at [2].

GUIDELINES

The logo should meet the requirements below:

- two versions of the logo: a rectangle (full brand) and a square
(icon, for example)
- be prepared to be scaled up or down
- be able to translate to a 2 color look
   - 2 color (black/white, 2 greys, etc)
- be able to be inverted if running on a dark background
- should not resemble the current Adobe Flex logo
- it should comply with the Apache branding requirements at
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

Note: The design as accepted by popular vote will be treated as a
proposal that can be tweaked and cemented into it's final published
form.

INSPIRATION

While designing the logo, keep in mind what describes Flex:

- User Experience
- Ubiquity / Cross-platform
- Enterprise
- Community Driven
- Why are you developing with Flex?

DEADLINE

[date-end]

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE

Send to the Apache Flex Mailing List the links to: [2]

- A PNG version of the logo (and it's scalable variations)
- A ZIP file with all assets

LICENSE

The authors of the selected Apache Flex logo(s) will need to donate them to
the Apache Flex project according to the  Apache individual
contributor license: http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

Send to the Apache Flex Mailing List [2]

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/flex/rebranding/submissions.html

END UPDATED DRAFT