From Michael Schmalle <>
Subject Re: Tabnavigator (and future components)
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2012 14:11:33 GMT
Quoting Jeffry Houser <>:

> On 1/7/2012 6:33 AM, Michael Schmalle wrote:
>> Oh yeah, you had FlexLib, you know why that failed?
>  Flexlib failed?  How are you defining failure.

No, I'm am sorry for saying that about the FlexLib (to early in the
morning) I meant the FlexComponent ecosystem perceived as a cohesive
whole as to sustain multiple tiers of development (sdk -> opensource
-> commercial).

Jeff, you sell components, I am talking about why do you sell them?
Are they just on your site for show? Why not donate all your
commercial components to the Flex Lib or this project? (Does that make
you feel something when I say that?, I have felt the same way for a

I'm really trying to figure out if what I want as a developer will
even be attainable, this really determines how much time I can
actually put into Apache Flex.

I would be interested if you have any thoughts on this subject. I love
making components, I can make applications yeah, but I love making
components more. I think having different tiers of components could be
healthy and actual push the potential for more developers to move
forward that may have untapped skills.

Again, I did not mean FlexLib, that is doing well on GIT, I'm sure you
were looking at that saying what the heck is he talking about.

View raw message