From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Tabnavigator (and future components)
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 23:24:32 GMT
Quoting Jonathan Campos <jonbcampos@gmail.com>:

> I would personally like to challenge people to make components as
> lightweight and simple as possible rather than include the kitchen sink. If
> the component is well made and easy to add features like "closable tabs"
> then I think you have a win. If you have everything, and the extra code,
> then I would think you went to far and spoiled the components.
>
> Though the sandbox is a great place to show off crazy and wonderful
> extensions to components with wacky add ons.

I sense your talking to me here all that would be proposed with
closeable tabs is in the ITabNavigator interface. closePolicy:String,
one property, implement it how you like.

It's really the TabBar that would be aware of the closePolicy and you
would make the default not aware with the kitchen sink. Still thinking
about how we could easily let people get to that added functionality
easily if it is something used a lot.

Mike