From Michael Schmalle <>
Subject Re: Congratulations to the first whiteboard addition :: navigators by Tink
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 22:27:58 GMT
Quoting Greg Reddin <>:

> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Michael Schmalle
> <> wrote:
>> I've got a question with the white board, when developing should we use our
>> own domains during experimentation so there is no conflict with anything
>> called spark?
> Nah, I'd just use org.apache... or whatever. Since it's in the
> whiteboard there's no problems with name collisions for the most part.
>> If I want to add say a TabNavigator to tink, should I put it in his
>> "navigators" trunk or create my own trunk like mschmalle/navigators and then
>> use my domain name for package name for now?.
> I don't know if there's a protocol for things like "personal
> sandboxes". Technically it's ok to just start hacking there. Even
> though it has his name on it the whole purpose of doing it there is so
> others can contribute. OTOH, it does have his name on it so he might
> appreciate it if you ask first. Tink, do you mind if folks contribute
> to the code you posted or would you prefer they wait until you have it
> more "ready"?
> Greg

This is exactly why I asked, I think for now I will just keep a local
version of what I'm doing and wait for a concrete direction of where
to put the code. I agree though once something goes in there it's fair
game and commits should be against it's package say with what I want
to do with TabNavigator prototype.

View raw message