From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Flex Logo :: Community Action
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 00:09:07 GMT
Quoting Peter Elst <peter.elst@gmail.com>:

>> Can someone please answer this with a consolidated list of requirements
>> for a "trademark" logo.
>>

> As per Bertrand's earlier post this might be useful -
> www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html#graphics
>

> I think what we are all missing is the fact that t-shirt logos don't belong
>> on exe icons on the desktop. This is the logo we are looking for right now
>> (desktop icon).
>>

> Not sure what we would need a desktop icon for? My understanding is this
> was a logo for the incubator project webpage and missed the fact that
> t-shirts were planned (would be cool though).
>

> - Peter

Ah desktop icon was to literal( I did not mean desktop icon ), I meant
something simple for the website and a t-shirt icon separately. I
think I have read enough to see there are two different designs going
on here.

Being a designer myself, I can see two hugely different designs for
separate genres where Apache Flex is advocated (IE t-shit, website etc).

Oh well, scratch what I said about that, lets just get the
requirements up on the site! :) And let this discussion be held in a
vote of the majority.

Sorry about the bad metaphor.

Mike