From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Tooling ( Flex SDK code conventions )
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 22:18:26 GMT

Hi Rick,

> I'm looking at ANTLR3 now... and am entertaining a ground-up rewrite
> to get rid of unnecessary dependencies, improve performance, and
> flesh out some attachment points for other tooling (i.e. FlexPMD).

What are you exactly proposing?

Have you though about contacting Ernest about any of this, I think
that is where you should start.

I'll say it's more complicated than it looks especially the way he
implemented the grammar. Depending on what you want to do it might be
hard for you to get a Tree out of what he has done.

I am pretty sure the way he implemented the grammar was not really
intended to much fiddling because of the backtracking.

I spent over a month studying that AS3.g :)

Let me know if you have any ideas, I already have a working AS3
parser/lexer in jasblocks antlr3, that if you really wanted to spend
time looking at grammar or modifying, it creates the AST Trees and
ALSO has an AS3 DOM already. The code target is java.

Check out;

https://github.com/teotigraphix/as3-commons-jasblocks

Look into the visitor package as well.

Mike