From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Falcon compiler source code / Falcon architecture
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 18:17:13 GMT
Quoting Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>:

>> The compiler IS the Flex SDK and to empower developers to get involved
>> would be a huge new driving force for the architecture built to use it.

> I don't agree with this.  I can use the compiler to generate code for a
> whole new framework if I want to.
>
> --
> Alex Harui
> Flex SDK Team
> Adobe Systems, Inc.
> http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

Ok,

Poorly chosen words for exactly what you said. My point is the
compiler spawns the empowerment I am speaking of, take the Flex SDK
out of it. My main driving force of understanding is "the thingy that
reads ActionScript3 source code and puts it into a model AST hopefully
that a developer like myself could use to create anything".

This parallels what you said Alex, "I can use the compiler to generate
code for a whole new framework if I want to."

I have been vocal on this because I just can imagine what we can do
with a pure AS3 model compiled by the Flacon parser. I am not to
concerned about MXML because that is actually XML that could be
converted into AST that is used by the actual parser, I have done this
in my own projects.

I also get that Adobe has plans for it, so I will say no more on this
topic at this time.

Mike