From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Proposition :: ASDoc and compiler adjustments
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 22:40:17 GMT
Hi,

I do not have a lot of experience with the actual compiler and asdoc
tool but that has not stopped me from having fun with parsers and AST.
:)

I am wondering if there is any interest in creating some apis in the
compiler that jive with the asdoc tool(modifying the asdoc tool). I'm
going to be looking into the source code of this tomorrow so I will
have a clear understanding of what the work would be.

My idea is this; If we could allow public api in both tools that
expose themselves through java it would allow 3rd party developers and
applications that could be made to enhance the documentation process
through formatters and asdoc editor applications.

This a highlevel idea but I have already written such an application
using the jasblocks and asblocks AST framework, that are used to
create a user interface into creating asdoc comments and such through
visual editing of descriptions and tags.

No more typing  /** ... */ is what I mean, the editor using the AST
reinserts the comment using tokens.

I have found taking the actual documentation process out of the IDE's
code view allows for better documentation and actual revelation that
creating great docs can be fun.

Any interest?

Mike