From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Flex modularity through composition and interfaces
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 21:24:37 GMT
This is just a weird thought and I have no opinion on DI since it's
like religion to most.

Isn't the idea of OOP polymorphism, and the way you create it is
through abstract interfaces? Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Maybe I am from another planet but it seems to me, that the strength
in Apache is to allow a democratic approach to creating a protocol
agreed to by the majority of the community.

What is the problem on agreeing on some interfaces that could be put
in the core, for other outside DI libraries to implement.

In this way, you would have a standard but allow anybody to create
there own implementation. At the same time without having a concrete
implementation IN the SDK you could still use the interfaces that
could provide "sockets" for DI without the dependencies.

Just a thought, this is the same thought I have about component design.

Mike