From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Committer duties and information
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 20:42:19 GMT
Quoting Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>:

Yes Alex this makes sense. I realize the point of Apache is to be
democratic by it's very nature. I wouldn't even think about committing
any component like code without a huge discussion on it's impact and
value with the community first.

I was just trying to get the most extreme case clear in my head.
Besides, with something like the TabNavigator, I think adding an
interface here or there and allowing alternate implementations makes
much more sense than bickering about "which" component should be used.

I also think that the list should really have a decent discussion
about the future uses of interfaces and the lack of them in the
framework to allow for customizations through composition instead of
subclassing or copy and paste craziness.

Mike