From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Committer duties and information
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 20:19:03 GMT
Quoting Jonathan Campos <jonbcampos@gmail.com>:

> That is an exact question that I asked at the Flex Summit specifically for
> the group.
>
> Roy Fielding had a great analogy/answer.
> The main idea is that this is that we are throwing a party, not running a
> business with free labor. So people need to be energized about what they
> are doing, they aren't there to be given tasks.
>
> As such there is no roadmap. You may come up with a great idea and start
> working on it, then when other people see what you are doing they may join.
> Over time your idea snowballs and gets added in, but this doesn't mean that
> there is a formal roadmap for people to sit at and program away against.
>
> However this is where Spoon comes in. We do have plans and roadmaps of
> features we want to add. Some take time and require people. If you are
> interested in our roadmap (our party) you and anyone else is free to join.
>
> Make sense?

This actually does make sense for features.

So can I ask this, am I to then just look at the bug base, say hey
that looks like something I can fix, fix it then commit it?

Don't jump on this to quick, I am saying there needs to be a unit
test? I remember Alex saying that Apache is usually commit & review
but that they were trying for a review and commit in the beginning.
Has anybody else heard this?

Does there have to be votes on say a new component that would be added
to the SDK? I'm really just trying to understand the algorithm of
develop/test/fix/commit for an initial committer.

Thanks,
Mike