From Marcus Fritze <marcus.fri...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Logo Designs
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 22:31:25 GMT
I fully agree with dave, sounds good to me. Let's start voting!

Maybe we should vote how we vote. ;-)

Marcus

Am 18.01.2012 um 23:08 schrieb Dave Fisher:

> (PPMC hat) I did a quick review of last week's thread.
>
> Do we have general consensus on the following:
>
> (1) Vote is 5 points to be distributed to 1 to 5 of the logos as the voter determines.
>
> (2) Vote is open to everyone, but PPMC votes are binding and tabulated separately from
the community. The PPMC is advised to reconsider if the community's opinion differs.

> (3) If multiple vote emails are received from any individual then the last one is counted
and previous votes discarded.

> (4) There will be multiple rounds of voting.
>
> What criteria do we use to remove logos from next rounds? A suggestion. The bottom half
of logos are removed. If there are an odd number of logos then  the median is kept. (if 27
left then #14 is kept.) If any remaining logos (including the median) have less than N/2 votes
where N is the number of voters then remove those too.

> (5) When do we declare a winner? A simple majority of the votes points cast.
>
> (6) How long is each round? A minimum of 72 hours.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> On Jan 18, 2012, at 1:29 PM, Michael Schmalle wrote:
>
>> Quoting Doug Arthur <dougarthur@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Mike started the entire voting process and has taken charge of it the
>>> entire time. I will put my trust in him to initiate a voting process
>>> and define the rules based on feedback received so far from everyone.
>>>
>>> I would at least, suggest to Mike, that he post a pre-proposal to the
>>> voting process, and if no one absolutely rejects, then proceed. The
>>> pre-proposal really shouldn't be a discussion, but rather a semi-vote
>>> (but not really a vote) to poll if there are any critical rejections
>>> whereas the majority don't agree with his direction.
>>>
>>> My 2 cents...
>>> - Doug
>>>

>> Heh,
>>
>> I'm going to be honest here, this should have been concluded last week. I tried to
get a consensus just for the plain reason of order, it didn't happen and you have this thread.

>> I really don't think I want the target aimed at me on this. I tried my best to keep
order up to this point(website, entires managed) but I really don't feel like making any decisions/proposals
when this should have been agreed to last week.

>> To many cooks in the kitchen people. I have also stayed away from this because of
the polarity of PPMC votes to community votes.