From Arnoud Bos <arn...@artim-interactive.nl>
Subject Re: Pushing Flex components thorough the GPU
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:01:13 GMT

On Jan 24, 2012, at 5:38 PM, Roland Zwaga wrote:

> On 24 January 2012 17:29, David Buhler <davidbuhler@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I built a Flex website for the Federal government that was fully accessible
>> (PCIP.gov). I did a demo for Adobe of the Accessibility capabilities. I'm
>> glad to help with answering any accessibility questions.
>>

> Hey David,
>
> thanks for chiming in :) As you read the proposed usage of Stage3D in, for
> example, item renderers,

I think the mixed approach could give a lot of problems.
DisplayList is rendered completely  as a layer above Stage3D
which is completely init's own layer.

So if you wanted to use Stage3D in an itemrenderer of a list that lives on the displaylist
you quickly have a problem. The 3d content in renderers would ONLY be visible
in an application with a transparent background and the list must be transparent too.
And it's itemRenderers must also be transparent and of course all of the lists  parents. That
would restrict the flexibility big time.

I think it's an all or nothing approach. And without accessibility we'd probably better stick
with the displaylist.

> what would be the accessibility concerns, in your opinion?
>> From what I would gather, the main things that ought to work would be to
> tab through the controls,
> and through list items, for example. That would already complicate things
> since the Stage3D objects
> should seamlessly fit into the tab order of the DisplayObjects.
> I'm still not sure what exactly the accessibility limitations of Stage3D
> are, but I'm guessing tab focus will
> be one of them. So, not being able to tab/scroll through a List's itemslist
> would already be deemed
> unacceptable behavior. Am I right?
>
> Roland

Met vriendelijke groet,