From "Rui Silva" <f...@rduartes.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Logo voting
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 19:21:01 GMT
> From: "João Fernandes" <joaopedromartinsfernandes@gmail.com>

> I don't see the point of doing -1 on logos with that many entries.
>
> João Fernandes

I agree with João (that's why I proposed a 5 points systems :) ). I think there are far too
many entries and far too few PPMC members to have that sort of vote. +1, 0, -1 works really
well for an all or nothing selection, but as soon as you have several options (we have 54
entries), the probability of a tie is fairly high and might require some rounds to solve.

As for Omar's alternative approach, I really don't think it's going to be necessary. We have
some very high quality submissions and we also agreed that whoever wins might make some adjustments
to their design if requested by the PPMC. Also, considering the high quality of the submissions,
I'd like to get to a final decision as soon as possible.

Best,
Rui