From Rick Winscot <rick.wins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] PPMC members to decide voting procedure
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:29:25 GMT
If a community vote is desired...

I would recommend considering the community vote as stage-one of a two-stage weighted vote.
Where voting power is divided between the community and PPMC such that the community voting
power can contribute to a single outcome but would not jeaopardize a majority (e.g. PPMC)
vote. This preserves the spirit and rule of a binding PPMC vote without excluding a community
voice.

I would also recommend using a tool that is designed to incorporate visual elements / logos
-directly- in the survey. Expecting voters to keep track of what they are looking at and voting
on isn't practical... perhaps something like http://www.surveygizmo.com/ would be more appropriate?
( see the sneaker selector example )

In stage-two, PPMC can take the community vote into account as they cast their own votes.
The outcome of the contest can then be expressed as:

Am I serious? Yes...

http://www.stat.columbia.edu/~gelman/research/published/STS027.pdf

At this stage - can the PPMC just carry out a [VOTE] to include or not include the community
vote?

-- Rick Winscot