From "David Arno" <da...@davidarno.org>
Subject Does the Flex name need to change?
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:30:36 GMT
> On Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM,
> Alex Harui wrote:
>
> Adobe definitely intends to let Apache use the Flex name, but apparently
> there are repercussions with a straight up "donation". So, unfortunately, I
> still can't guarantee anything in that area right now.

Hopefully I am just muddled here, but doesn't this statement by Alex cause us problems? As
I understood it, for us to use the name "Flex", Apache has to own the trademark to it. In
order words, there has to be a "straight up donation" as Alex puts it. We can't just be allowed
to use the name, we have to own it.

Have I got this wrong? I hope I have. If not, have we not just wasted our time (and more importantly
the time and good will of lots of people who put masses of effort into such great logo designs)
with the logo competition? For if we have to change the Flex name, we'll have to start again
with the logos, surely?

Perhaps Bertrand could help clarify things here?

David.