From "David Arno" <da...@davidarno.org>
Subject RE: Overly large classes (was Flex incubation on Apache as Opensource)
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 22:23:54 GMT
Tink, Jeffry,

Maybe I've got confused, but I was describing spark.components.List, which I
assume is a spark component. This class might be less monolithic than the
halo version, but it is ridiculous to claim it implements composition.

Take for example scrolling. In true composition, there would be a reference
to a scroll handler into which salient data would be injected and that would
be pretty much it. List though, has a scroller variable (of class type
Scroller), which handles some aspects of scrolling, but there are still lots
and lots of lines of code, many deeply embedded inside long, complex,
methods of List, that handle some aspects of scrolling. This isn't
composition, it's just a messy bodge to enable support for spark skinning.

Fair point on editing though. That was a mistake on my part.

David.