From "David Arno" <da...@davidarno.org>
Subject RE: Flex incubation on Apache as Opensource
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 18:15:10 GMT
>> Whilst Adobe will own the specification of ActionScript 3, we will own
>> the mxmlc and falcon compilers. We therefore get to choose what
>> changes we make to the language that Flex is written in. If our
>> changes require us to rename the language to ApacheScript or some such,
then so be it.

>Just so there aren't any misconceptions, this isn't entirely true.

In what way isn't what I said 100% true? Who other than Apache Flex
committers will get to choose what the future of the Flex language is?

> Also, every byte matters. You say "who gives a shit about a 250 extra
> bytes in a SWF?!".  I say this guy and many others. Many people are
> pushing for a smaller lighter framework, not a bigger one.

Thus my suggestion for FlexLite. Plus Omar's comments about the ridiculous
size of many Flex components will indeed affect the size and are a far
better way to reduce size than tolerating shoddy code for perceived size
gains IMO.

David.