From "David Arno" <da...@davidarno.org>
Subject RE: AS3 Enhancements: method overloading. Why do people want this?
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:55:40 GMT

It's called "Software Craftsmanship" Rick :p

> Overloading is a performance mechanism...

One of my biggest aims with Apache Flex is to tackle the lack of
optimisation on the part of the compiler. Developers should be able to
concentrate on writing good code and not have to worry about performance.
The latter is the job of the compiler.

David.