From "Dimitri K." <k...@noos.fr>
Subject Re: Advice for Logo Contest Round 2
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:08:51 GMT
Let's not forget we are currently chosing a logo for an enterprise
framework.
It's a really different mindset from chosing a public brand logo (where
perception and association are everything).

Think about it, when you adopted Adobe Flex in the first place, how
important its logo has been in your choice?
I don't think that so many people dived into Flex because of the famous "two
letters in a square that try to make Flex kinda part of the Creative Suite".
And for all of you that are also currently experimenting with JS frameworks,
do you really care about its logo in your decision?
Hey I'm even ready to use a JS framework with a three-legs smelly cat logo
if it would provide me with a good way of simulating interfaces ;)

On the other side, I understand that our logo choice is the first real
decision of the Apache Flex community, and added with the perception damage
of the Flex brand, this makes our choice a more meaningful one.

But let's keep things in perspective, our logo will mainly influence how
proud you're going to be, wearing your geek T-shirt at our first Apache Flex
conference ;)

Dimitri K.