incubator-etch-user mailing list archives

From "Nabhonil Sinha -X (nasinha - Infosys at Cisco)" <>
Subject Etch TLS connection issue with windows 7 and windows 2008
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 12:11:48 GMT

I am trying a client - server application where my client is in windows
7 and my server is in windows 2008 server. I am using the etch version
1.0.1 and I faced a problem with the TLS connection. It was giving me
the error

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An unknown, invalid, or unsupported
option or level was specified in a getsockopt or setsockopt call

After looking at one of the posts I have changed the
SocketOptionLevel.Tcp to SocketOptionLevel.Socket . This solved the
earlier issue, and now I am facing another error where it is closing the
TLS connection abruptly. It is giving the following error.

System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party
has closed the transport stream.

   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32
readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer,
AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

ken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32
count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean
receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult

   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(String
targetHost, X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, SslProtocols
enabledSslProtocols, Boolean checkCertificateRevocation)

   at Etch.Util.TlsConnection.SetUpSocket()

   at Etch.Util.Connection`1.Run0(Boolean first)

Any ideas what could have gone wrong. After changing the
SocketOptionLevel to socket the TCP connections are working fine but
facing issues with TLS connection.

Thanks in Advance

Nabhonil Sinha
Infosys - Cisco OSDC