From Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Etch work through JIRA
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:05:05 GMT
Hey team,

While I appreciate the occasional JIRA issues that are created, I
think that some of those could actually be discussed more in the open
at dev@. The list is available just for this type of discussion.

Unless the list shows some activity, the project looks like a dead
paperweight. What I expect, taken from the most recently created
issues:

ETCH-240

Refactoring of the current lifecycle implementation and the connection
stack management.

I think this is a great thing to discuss on the dev@ list. I'd expect
something like:

Currently the foo of the connection stack management is a bit odd (or
doesn't work), because when I want to do X it takes step1, step2,
step3, step... , stepN to accomplish such task. While we can work
around it, probably if we change the lifecycle implementation in such
and such a way, we can take out steps stepN-100 through stepN-5.

This opens up the possibilities of discussing the framework and the
future. It gives folks that are currently in lurk mode, but get the 1
quarterly message a chance to discuss it with you. Possibly it could
bring in new committers.

Martijn