From Michael Fitzner <fitzner.mich...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: AW: [VOTE] Apache Etch 1.2 release packages
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:18:11 GMT
Hi Scott,We have seen the issues from Thomas. After the 1.2 release we
will work on the issues and try to fix those up to the next bug fixing
release.
@Martijn I think for publishing the release we still need a vote from
one of our mentors. It would be great if you could still have a look
to it.
ThanksMichael
2011/12/16 Scott Comer <wert1y@me.com>:
> I haven't tried the unix distro yet, but don't expect any issue. Thomas had posted a
number of bugs, some critical,  with fixes i wish could be included, but would rather see
a release out.

> We're now using c binding successfully  in two projects.
>
> +1 on release
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Dec 16, 2011, at 7:40 AM, Martin Veith <Martin.Veith@bmw-carit.de> wrote:
>
>>> I call out the build issue because in my experience the build issue is a big
mental hurdle to getting started.
>> I fully agree with you.
>>
>>> Everything should be spelled out in the readme / ant file there in the example
directory. Lovely as it is, wiki is far away.
>> At the moment the dist-Readme.txt in each example folder of the source bundle (which
corresponds to the Readme.txt of the binary packages) contains the information about the required
.NET 4.0 Framework and the description how to build the C example using CMake.
>> What in your opinion is still missing?
>>
>>> I did figure out the .net 4.0 part.
>>>
>>> Two lines in the read me, one for ant cmake and one for the .net on my path would
have saved a lot of grief
>> So is everything now working on your machine? Is there something we should improve
or fix for this release or is it ok for you to publish it as it is?

>> Thanks
>> Martin

hurdle to getting started. Everything should be spelled out in the readme / ant file there
in the example directory. Lovely as it is, wiki is far away.

>> I did figure out the .net 4.0 part.
>>
>> Two lines in the read me, one for ant cmake and one for the .net on my path would
have saved a lot of grief

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Dec 16, 2011, at 3:22 AM, Martin Veith <Martin.Veith@bmw-carit.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Scott,
>>>
>>> thanks for your reply.

>>> According to http://apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#sha-checksum the use
of SHA-1 should be avoided.
>>> Therefore we used SHA512. We will add this note to the download page of the website
as soon as the release is out.
>>> Information and examples hot to verify the release signatures and check sums
can be found on the website too.

>>> Since the integration of the UDP Transport layer the C# build has had dependencies
to the .NET 4.0 framework.
>>> In order to build the examples the location of the framework must be in your
path.
>>> This information is also available in the Readme file of each example.
>>> Maybe that's the reason of your obscure error?
>>>
>>> As this dependency to .NET 4.0 is caused only by a used implementation of a BlockingQueue
we are thinking about to eliminate this for the next release and so come back to .NET 2.0
compatibility.

>>> As in the previous 1.1.0-release C examples are only available for example_mixin
and helloworld.
>>> The C examples are not build by the ant build script in the binary releases because
we don't ship the ant-cmake library.