From Martin Veith <Martin.Ve...@bmw-carit.de>
Subject RE: AW: [VOTE] Apache Etch 1.2 release packages
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:40:55 GMT
> I call out the build issue because in my experience the build issue is a big mental hurdle
to getting started.
I fully agree with you.

> Everything should be spelled out in the readme / ant file there in the example directory.
Lovely as it is, wiki is far away.
At the moment the dist-Readme.txt in each example folder of the source bundle (which corresponds
to the Readme.txt of the binary packages) contains the information about the required .NET
4.0 Framework and the description how to build the C example using CMake.
What in your opinion is still missing?

> I did figure out the .net 4.0 part.
>
> Two lines in the read me, one for ant cmake and one for the .net on my path would have
saved a lot of grief
So is everything now working on your machine? Is there something we should improve or fix
for this release or is it ok for you to publish it as it is?

Thanks
Martin