From Holger Grandy <holger.gra...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: trying to build c example helloworld...
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 17:57:30 GMT
hm, most comments from the net point to the redistributable
packages... As far as I know, your required version should be the one
installed by the first (not the SP1) package. Could you verify whether
you have the required version 9.0.21022.8 in your windows\winsxs
folder? you can also use sxstrace to log whats happening when starting
the executable.

Holger

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 4:50 PM, scott comer <wert1y@mac.com> wrote:
>  i installed the thing you said, no help. on that page, it said there was an
> updated version. i tried that, too. no help.
>
> does this sound familiar?
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vsx/thread/e053565c-95cb-4a68-bf5f-64c131d9f5cc
>
> scott out
>
> On 10/11/2010 8:31 AM, Holger Grandy wrote:
>>
>> Hi Scott,
>>
>> normally, the only thing you need to have is libapr-1.dll and
>> libapriconv-1.dll in your PATH, in Windows/system32 or
>> in the same directory as your exe file and the APR_ICONV_PATH variable set
>> according to the instructions.
>>
>> The error which you are getting means that your executable wants to load a
>> library in a certain version that
>> is not available on your system. VC90 is Visual Studio 2008, VC80 is 2005.
>> It could be that the Microsoft Visual
>> C++ 2008 Redistributable Package is missing.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en
>>
>> The dependencies which go into the executable when linking are listed in
>> e.g.
>>
>> examples\helloworld\target\etch-c-helloworld-client.dir\Debug\helloworld-client.exe.intermediate.manifest
>> Guess you have multiple entries there for DebugCRT. The 2008 dependency is
>> propably there because of the
>> Etch lib being built using VS 2008.
>>
>> I have got the same library dependency version for debugcrt (9.0.21022.8)
>> in the manifest on my machine,
>> it runs here, but I got VS 2008 installed, too...
>>
>> DLL Hell... side-by-side stuff is really a pain in win32, esp. win7.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Holger

Win32