From Holger Grandy <Holger.Gra...@bmw-carit.de>
Subject RE: trying to build c example helloworld...
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 13:31:43 GMT
Hi Scott,

normally, the only thing you need to have is libapr-1.dll and libapriconv-1.dll in your PATH,
in Windows/system32 or
in the same directory as your exe file and the APR_ICONV_PATH variable set according to the
instructions.

The error which you are getting means that your executable wants to load a library in a certain
version that
is not available on your system. VC90 is Visual Studio 2008, VC80 is 2005. It could be that
the Microsoft Visual
C++ 2008 Redistributable Package is missing.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

The dependencies which go into the executable when linking are listed in e.g.
examples\helloworld\target\etch-c-helloworld-client.dir\Debug\helloworld-client.exe.intermediate.manifest
Guess you have multiple entries there for DebugCRT. The 2008 dependency is propably there
because of the
Etch lib being built using VS 2008.

I have got the same library dependency version for debugcrt (9.0.21022.8) in the manifest
on my machine,
it runs here, but I got VS 2008 installed, too...

DLL Hell... side-by-side stuff is really a pain in win32, esp. win7.

Cheers,
Holger