From scott comer <wer...@mac.com>
Subject Re: trying to build c example helloworld...
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 13:05:55 GMT
  ok, so with the vs 2005 patches it built. but it won't run. and
looking around for dll or library or whatever and i cannot find. so it
is statically linked?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-etch-1.1.0\examples\helloworld\target\debug>start
helloworld-server.exe
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side
configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use
the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

is something else supposed to be copied in, such as apr?

scott out

On 10/11/2010 7:10 AM, Scott Comer wrote:
> Ok, i got started on a rison parser for java while vs 2008 and the vs 2005 patches were
downloading and never got back to try. I'll do that this morning.

> thanks
> Scott out
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Oct 11, 2010, at 6:13 AM, Holger Grandy<Holger.Grandy@bmw-carit.de>  wrote:
>
>> Hi Scott,
>>
>> I checked this again at my box. Installing the patch for VS 2005 SP1 from
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949009/ solved the issue for me. We should add
>> this to the build information on the website.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Holger

>>> 1>Compiling...
>>> 2>helloworld_remote.c
>>> 1>helloworld_remote.c
>>> 2>helloworld_valufact.c
>>> 1>helloworld_valufact.c
>>> 1>helloworld_server.c
>>> 2>helloworld_server.c
>>> 1>helloworld_remote_server.c
>>> 2>helloworld_remote_server.c
>>> 2>helloworld_remote_client.c
>>> 1>helloworld_remote_client.c
>>> 1>helloworld_client_stub.c
>>> 2>helloworld_client_stub.c
>>> 1>helloworld_helper.c
>>> 2>helloworld_helper.c
>>> 2>helloworld_server_stub.c
>>> 1>helloworld_server_stub.c
>>> 1>helloworld_client.c
>>> 2>helloworld_client.c
>>> 2>helloworld_interface.c
>>> 1>helloworld_interface.c
>>> 2>helloworld_listener_main.c
>>> 1>helloworld_client_main.c
>>> 2>helloworld_server_impl.c
>>> 1>helloworld_client_implx.c
>>> 2>helloworld_server_implx.c
>>> 1>helloworld_client_impl.c
>>> 2>Generating Code...
>>> 1>Generating Code...
>>> 1>Compiling manifest to resources...
>>> 2>Compiling manifest to resources...
>>> 1>Linking...
>>> 2>Linking...
>>> 1>etch.lib(etch_arraylist.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information
>>> corrupt; recompile module
>>> 2>etch.lib(etch_arraylist.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information
>>> corrupt; recompile module
>>> 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
>>> Foundation\apache-etch-1.1.0\examples\helloworld\target\etch-c-helloworld-client.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
>>> 1>etch-c-helloworld-client - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
>>> 2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
>>> Foundation\apache-etch-1.1.0\examples\helloworld\target\etch-c-helloworld-server.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
>>> 2>etch-c-helloworld-server - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)