From Michael Fitzner <fitzner.mich...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 1.1
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:06:05 GMT
Hi scott,
Currently 4 Items are still open:
ETCH-86 Provide 1.1. release package
ETCH-88 Provide 1.1. release package for Linux
ETCH-87 Provide 1.1. release package for Win32 + Installer
ETCH-83 Setup Hudson Build Configuration for continous Etch builds

Three of them are organizational ones for creating the release
packages. ETCH-83 is the build server setup, here we filed a new INFRA
issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3006, because of a
missing library/headers libc6-dev-i386.

Concerning your build problem, you need the external dependency
apache-ant-cmake/1.0/cmakeant.jar / cmake and MS Visual Studio for
doing the binding-c build. Last week we remove the strong dependency,
so it should also be possible to build etch without binding-c.

If all is fine, then we should ship release 1.1. From my side it is OK.

Regards
Michael

2010/9/24 Holger Grandy <Holger.Grandy@bmw-carit.de>:
> Hi *,
>
> as already discussed a few weeks ago:
> I want to start a Etch PPMC vote (running until Tuesday, 28.9, 16:00 CET)
> regarding the contents of Release 1.1.
>
> Here is the release tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/etch/releases/release-1.1.0-incubating/
>
> We have prepared the release tag with the contents of trunk as of today (Rev. 1000863).
> Here is the list of things that have been done for this release:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310835&fixfor=12313457
>
> You can build everything using ant (including the c binding using cmakeant),
> provided you prepare the external dependencies correct. There is documentation
> on that on the website
> http://incubator.apache.org/etch/building-trunk.html
> and in the BUILD.txt/README.txt files in the release.
>
> I did not prepare zips/sums/sigs for this release yet. You can download built versions
> (zips, setup exe) from the build server. This vote is only meant to determine the contents
> of the release. If it passes, I will create binaries/sums/sigs and start a Incubator
PMC vote