From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Future of Etch
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 01:04:01 GMT
Guys,
we think that the non-activity of Etch is really "permanent" and will
propose to the Incubator to make the project "Retired".

As it is Reporting Month for Etch in September, I am suggesting that
we send this message instead of fabricating a "weak" report.

If you have any serious objections, now is the time to speak.

As for the codebase; Anyone is free to take it and do what ever they
want, within the limits of the Apache license, the SVN history will
remain, but made read-only. If I new community is to emerge, they can
request Etch to come out of retirement (not common).

This is in no way reflecting negative on the individuals involved in
Etch, as we are well aware of the challenges to bootstrap communities.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er