From Holger Grandy <holger.gra...@googlemail.com>
Subject [RESULT] [VOTE] Release 1.1
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 16:18:42 GMT
Hi guys,

thanks for your votes. We got three +1 (Michael, Scott, me). Therefore
release 1.1 will be prepared using the contents of the mentioned
release tag.

Thanks also to Doug for providing instructions! I will prepare release
packages + signatures in the next days. I will initiate another vote
on etch-dev once they are ready. Incubator PMC will be done
afterwards.

Great that we made it for this release!

Kind regards,
Holger

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 1:59 AM, Scott Comer <wert1y@me.com> wrote:
> +1 on the general content. As doug said, next step is to build and post artifacts.
>
> I do wish that etch could include or at least have available artifacts for dependencies.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 24, 2010, at 8:52 AM, Holger Grandy <Holger.Grandy@bmw-carit.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi *,
>>
>> as already discussed a few weeks ago:
>> I want to start a Etch PPMC vote (running until Tuesday, 28.9, 16:00 CET)
>> regarding the contents of Release 1.1.
>>
>> Here is the release tag:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/etch/releases/release-1.1.0-incubating/
>>
>> We have prepared the release tag with the contents of trunk as of today (Rev. 1000863).
>> Here is the list of things that have been done for this release:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310835&fixfor=12313457
>>
>> You can build everything using ant (including the c binding using cmakeant),
>> provided you prepare the external dependencies correct. There is documentation
>> on that on the website
>> http://incubator.apache.org/etch/building-trunk.html
>> and in the BUILD.txt/README.txt files in the release.
>>
>> I did not prepare zips/sums/sigs for this release yet. You can download built versions
>> (zips, setup exe) from the build server. This vote is only meant to determine the
contents
>> of the release. If it passes, I will create binaries/sums/sigs and start a Incubator
PMC vote