From Holger Grandy <Holger.Gra...@bmw-carit.de>
Subject [VOTE] Release 1.1
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 13:52:57 GMT
Hi *,

as already discussed a few weeks ago:
I want to start a Etch PPMC vote (running until Tuesday, 28.9, 16:00 CET)
regarding the contents of Release 1.1.

Here is the release tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/etch/releases/release-1.1.0-incubating/

We have prepared the release tag with the contents of trunk as of today (Rev. 1000863).
Here is the list of things that have been done for this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310835&fixfor=12313457

You can build everything using ant (including the c binding using cmakeant),
provided you prepare the external dependencies correct. There is documentation
on that on the website
http://incubator.apache.org/etch/building-trunk.html
and in the BUILD.txt/README.txt files in the release.

I did not prepare zips/sums/sigs for this release yet. You can download built versions
(zips, setup exe) from the build server. This vote is only meant to determine the contents
of the release. If it passes, I will create binaries/sums/sigs and start a Incubator PMC vote
on the release.

Please vote:
[ ] +1 : release 1.1 with the described contents
[ ] 0  : I don't care
[ ] -1 : don't publish 1.1, because...

+1 from my side.

Looking forward to your votes,