From scott comer <wer...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Contents of Release 1.1
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:16:21 GMT
  in our use of etch here at spawn i've run across a couple of bugs.
lazy me has not posted
them yet, though the setSockOpt bug has been mentioned. should our 1.1
include any
bug fixes, and if so, which ones?

i'll post bugs for what i found a little later today. the setSockOpt fix
is pretty easy, but might
need some discussion.

when i tried to build at home on win7 the unit tests failed.

i have condensed the dependents necessary for build, and we had
discussed checking them
into a deps or libs directory. should i do that?

scott out

On 9/14/2010 8:40 AM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> +1
>
> I don't think a vote was necessary, nor is there any procedure to be
> followed, however it never hurts to ask to include something, or to
> poll consensus on an issue. That said, if someone is willing to be a
> release master, then they get all the leeway they need. If the release
> master thinks that the C bindings should go with the release, then so
> be it. If there's objection to doing so in 1.1, why not skip 1.1 and
> go directly to release 1.2?
>
> The ASF fosters meritocratic communities where merit is earned by doing.
>
> Martijn
>
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Holger Grandy
> <Holger.Grandy@bmw-carit.de>  wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> since Scott is mentioning voting procedures, I would like to pick up that point and
start
>> a vote regarding a upcoming release 1.1 of Etch. Vote will run for 72 hours until
Friday.

>> I propose that we publish Release 1.1 with the C binding implementation included
>> in the next weeks (as stated in the mail below).
>>
>> Please vote:
>> -1 : no, release 1.1 should not contain the C binding, because ...
>> 0  : I don't care
>> +1 : Release 1.1 should be published with the C binding as described below
>>
>> ----
>> +1 from me
>>
>> Regards,
>> Holger