From Holger Grandy <Holger.Gra...@bmw-carit.de>
Subject Etch C binding commit to ASF
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 07:24:29 GMT
Hello,

it took some time (sorry for that), but now we have committed our modified
c binding implementation to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/etch/branches/etch-c

The implementation is in the binding-c directory, structured just like the other bindings.

Our small hello world example (showing interoperability of C and Java bindings) is in the

examples directory. The c binding compiler build is integrated into the ant build (we had
locally remove the csharp binding from the build.xml, because it breaks the build when no
mono
and stuff is available - at least on my machine...)

I would suggest we leave it in this branch for a couple of weeks for you to have a closer
look.
Afterwards - if all are happy with it - we would suggest to integrate it into trunk and then

push everything we have into release 1.1. We plan to add other stuff (e.g. wireshark plugin)
next.
Next steps for the c binding would be build (still visual studio 2005 only), linux makefiles
and
some other stuff. Perhaps one of you can pick up those?

Kind regards,
Holger and Michael