From "James King" <James_...@Dell.com>
Subject RE: sockopt error, C# runtime?
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:19:40 GMT
I have a bugfix for the C# runtime error on Windows 7 with
get/setsockopt.  The SocketOptionLevel used when setting KeepAlive is
incorrect.  In the codebase it is .Tcp, change this to .Socket and the
problem goes away.  It looks like when you set KeepAlive on
SocketOptionLevel.Tcp, it ends up trying to set Broadcast, which is
invalid for TCP.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: scott comer [mailto:wert1y@mac.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 11:07 AM
To: etch-dev@incubator.apache.org; etch-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: sockopt error, C# runtime?

hi james. sorry to hear you are having trouble. i'm having a similar
problem with selector based
java code from the 1.1 release under windows 7. it doesn't always happen

for me. i think it is
a race condition in windows tcp stack.

please create an issue in jira for this. i will write myself a note to
create one for the java side.
this could be fixed in the pending 1.1 release, or in the 1.2 release.
the workaround is to just
attempt the start again after waiting a few tens of milliseconds. if you

like, please try that
technique for c# and let me know how that works...

as to your code generator, i think you're talking about a vs plugin to
call the compiler? or
it is a version of the c# compiler which packages the code up slightly
differently, or both?

i think better support for the ide's is good, we would have to discuss
in the group how
best to package and distribute such a thing.

thanks for getting involved!

scott out

On 3/11/2010 9:51 AM, James King wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is my first message... I pulled the 1.0.2 distribution and I have
> been writing a code generator for Visual Studio 2008.  While putting
> together an example tutorial for using the code generator to show how
> you don't have to leave the IDE any more, I tried to run the "example"
> example.  It failed curiously with the following on the client and
> server.  I am on Windows 7:
>
> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An unknown, invalid, or
unsupported
> option or level was specified in a getsockopt or setsockopt call
>     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel
> optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName, Int32 optionValue, Boolean
> silent)
>     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel
> optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName, Int32 optionValue)
>     at Etch.Util.TcpTransport.SetUpSocket() in

c:\BambooAgent\xml-data\build-dir\ETCH-RELEASE\binding-csharp\runtime\sr