From "James King" <James_...@Dell.com>
Subject sockopt error, C# runtime?
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:51:16 GMT
Hello,

This is my first message... I pulled the 1.0.2 distribution and I have
been writing a code generator for Visual Studio 2008.  While putting
together an example tutorial for using the code generator to show how
you don't have to leave the IDE any more, I tried to run the "example"
example.  It failed curiously with the following on the client and
server.  I am on Windows 7:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An unknown, invalid, or unsupported
option or level was specified in a getsockopt or setsockopt call
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel
optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName, Int32 optionValue, Boolean
silent)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel
optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName, Int32 optionValue)
   at Etch.Util.TcpTransport.SetUpSocket() in
c:\BambooAgent\xml-data\build-dir\ETCH-RELEASE\binding-csharp\runtime\sr
c\main\csharp\Etch\Util\TcpTransport.cs:line 193
   at Etch.Util.Connection`1.Run0(Boolean first) in
c:\BambooAgent\xml-data\build-dir\ETCH-RELEASE\binding-csharp\runtime\sr
c\main\csharp\Etch\Util\Connection.cs:line 116

This happens on the client and on the server.  My next step is to go to
the trunk code with svn and set up a build environment.  Is this a known
issue from the current binary distribution?  I would also like to know
how I can contribute the Visual Studio code generator back to the
project.  It allows you to add an .etch file into Visual Studio and
compiles everything except the Main* and Impl* into a single .cs file,
much like the designer does when editing a form.  It will help bring
Etch closer to the C# class library style of project references instead
of copying core files around.

Thanks,

James E. King, III
Senior Software Engineer