From Holger Grandy <Holger.Gra...@bmw-carit.de>
Subject Implementation of C Binding (runtime+compiler): Source available at github
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 12:28:12 GMT
Hi all,

as announce a few weeks ago: We finalised a first release of the C Binding implementation
for Etch and
are now ready to share a first version of our work. It is not perfect, but it works and is
ready for preview.

We have already created a Jira Issue in the Etch Jira, available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ETCH-79

We made our Code available using GitHub. We did a fork of the Apache Etch Github Mirror and
added our sources there. You can check out our sources at

http://github.com/bmwcarit/etch

Basic instructions on how to build the C Binding are available in the top-level README.txt
and in the file binding-c\runtime\c\README.txt. We provided a very simple example for the

C Binding (illustrating the compatibility of the Java Binding and the C Binding). The C Binding
should also work for all other examples of Etch.

We would be happy if you would try out the C Binding and provide us feedback.

Our source at GitHub is available under Copyright for BMW Car IT GmbH and is meant as a preview
of our work.
Of course we are willing to submit the source code back to the ASF and make it available
under the Apache License if you like the C binding and give us positive feedback.

Best wishes,
Holger Grandy
Michael Fitzner