From scott comer <wer...@mac.com>
Subject Re: I want to be participated in Etch developing
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2009 03:15:37 GMT
Oliora wrote:
> Hello, all!
>
> I want to be participated in Etch developing.
>
> I am interesting in creation of a C++ and Python language binding (both
> runtime and compiler parts) and I can be helpful because I have a good
> knowledge in C++ (~ 5 years of a commercial developing) and some knowledge
> in Python (~ 3 month of a developing).
>
> Andrey Upadyshev
>
> P.S. Sorry for my English

hi andrey,

one idea for a c++ binding would be to use the c binding. the existing c
binding needs some
small amount of work to make it compile and build. there are notes left
behind by the author, but
nobody has yet had time to figure it out. one of our committers,
youngjin park, has also offered
to take it on. once the runtime is made to work, a compiler to generate
code using the runtime
would be pretty easy.

my thinking is, once you understand the way the c binding works, you
could c++ify it. or start
over and use c# or java as templates / examples.

the source code for the c binding is on trunk, which is currently more
or less the same as the
1.1 dev stream.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/etch/trunk/

notes are here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/etch/trunk/binding-c/runtime/c/project/notes/

i believe the current build is using the visual studio 2003. (the rest
of the etch build uses
vs 2005).

perhaps james will say something about the status of the python binding.

scott out