From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: passing arbitrary objects
Date Sat, 11 Jul 2009 02:33:51 GMT
On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Manoj Ganesan<manoj.ganesan@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I manage to achieve passing arbitrary objects? In case of a
> distributed hashtable, which doesn't care about the type of data being
> stored, any kind of objects should be able to be passed through to the
> server. Is there a way to do this in the current setup?

I am by no means an expert, but I think you can create a custom type
that carries a byte array, and on each platform have a serializer that
understand your custom Etch type and how to go from byte[] to the
'stored' object in the hashtable. It could become problematic to make
such type platform independent, but I assume that this is not of your
concern.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer