From Manoj Ganesan <manoj.gane...@gmail.com>
Subject passing arbitrary objects
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:18:15 GMT
In case of a (distributed) hash table like implementation, it should be
possible to pass into the hash table, a value which is represented by an
Object, any object, just some set of bytes in effect for the service
implementation. If I have such a hash table where method put(string key,
object value) and get(string key) are exposed through etch, it's not
possible to pass arbitrary objects but only primitives and types which I
have explicitly declared in the etch interface definition file. Any time I
try to pass an arbitrary object, the etch validation code throws errors
saying such a type doesn't exist. Obviously, type casting my arbitrary user
object to a java Object doesn't make a difference.

How do I manage to achieve passing arbitrary objects? In case of a
distributed hashtable, which doesn't care about the type of data being
stored, any kind of objects should be able to be passed through to the
server. Is there a way to do this in the current setup?

Manoj