From scott comer <wer...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Publishing of the 1.2 Etch release and the c-binding
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:23:54 GMT
kazi, youngjin,

the big problem i ran into is that the apache portable runtime is
needed, however must be compiled with specific flags. the original
author did not upload this standard library pre-built and so that is the
first task. there is a readme file with the directions i think.

once the c-runtime is compiled, the next step would be to put together a
simple version of the standard generated files, then using those alter
one of the existing compilers to generate that code.

my estimate is that this would take about two to three weeks altogether.
you wouldn't be done at that point, but you'd have a pretty good
baseline to work on going forward and you could demonstrate enough
functioning to attract interest.

the current setup is based on visual studio 2005 and windows. the code
has not been ported yet to other platforms / compilers.

scott out