From scott comer <wer...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [vote] release apache etch 1.1.0 incubating (rc3)
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 03:49:44 GMT
thanks martijn.

Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> I checked the RAT report:
>
> Mostly looking ok, but a couple of notes:
>  - .classpath files from Eclipse are usually picked upon when trying
> to get the release
>    vetted, you might want to formulate an answer as to why they are
> necessary or get
>    rid of them

they are necessary for eclipse development. why would they be picked on?
>  - several notes.txt files don't have a license header. Since they are
> distributed, and
>    copyrighted, they should have a license header. I know it makes
> them less readable.
>    If you don't want to put a license header in, then have an answer
> prepared when/if
>    the question comes up.

i don't see the notes files as intellectual property in need of
protection. the README.txt doesn't
have such protection. is there a short version of a header that we could
put in? one line? what
might be good would be positive confirmation in the file itself that no
protection was needed, and
have rat honor that.
> I've checked a checkout of the tag and compared it to the src release,
> and couldn't find differences. Though the extra subdirectory in the
> src-zip file could be removed.

nod.
> Maven stuff: groupid should be org.apache.etch (in the README.txt it
> is referenced as etch.etch)

eek. i thought that was stamped out.