From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: etch 1.1.0 release candidate?
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 05:31:13 GMT
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 4:03 AM, scott comer <wert1y@mac.com> wrote:
> ok, the artifact name issue is resolved i think.
>
> i created a release tag:
>
> etch/releases/release-1.1.0-rc1
>
> artifacts posted here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~sccomer/etch-1.1.0-rc1/
>
> what's left?
>
> run rat.
> check out the notices and readme and release notes and stuff.
> download and test the artifacts.

1. People in the Incubator will complain if the tag is not containing
the 'incubating' word, so copy the one you have into a new name, and
kill the old tag.

2. Rat reports a lot of "????", which shows at the top as "unapproved
licenses". For all files that supports comments, the Apache standard
header should be used. Need to fix this.

Since you don't distribute any of the "Dependencies", I would
recommend that you rename it to "System Requirements". Apache allows
system requirements of stuff with just about any license, whereas
redistributed dependencies must be of certain kinds. My guess is that
you codebase may actually "dependOn" velocity, so perhaps a bit
surprise to see it not included in the distro. JavaCC is another one
that should perhaps be redistributed (no problem, since it is BSD
license) to simplify for users and hence stay as a "Dependency".

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er